About pairing and connecting your device to a
computer or tablet
You can install programs, such as BlackBerry Blend or BlackBerry Link, on your computer or tablet to enhance the
experience with your BlackBerry device.
Use BlackBerry Blend to interact with your device from your computer or tablet. You can access your messages, files, and
certain apps on your computer or tablet in the same way you'd use them on your device. You can:
• View and respond to messages and chats from different accounts in the BlackBerry Hub.
• Access your BBM chats, groups, and channels.
• Access your text (SMS) messages.
• View and update your calendar events and contacts.
• Copy and transfer your files between your device and computer or tablet.
You can use BlackBerry Blend to connect BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3 with computers and
tablets running the following software:
• Windows 7 or later
• Mac OS X 10.7 or later
• iOS 6.0 or later
• Android 4.4 or later
To download the latest version of BlackBerry Blend to your computer or tablet, visit
Use BlackBerry Link to manage your device and allow connections between your device and your computer. You can:
• Allow remote file access, so that your device can access files stored in the libraries on your computer.
• View and delete files that are stored on your computer from your device.
• Sync contacts and calendar appointments between your device and your computer.
• Sync music, pictures, videos, and documents between your device and your computer over a USB connection or a Wi-
• Back up and restore your device data.
• Transfer supported settings and data to a new device.
• Manage multiple devices on your computer that use the same or a different BlackBerry ID.
• Update or reinstall your device software.
BlackBerry Link supports BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry 10 OS and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets running
BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.
To download the latest version of BlackBerry Link to your computer, visit